Your probably thinking, what in the world could Independence Day and Real-Estate have in common, lets get some insight!!
What’s the first thing you think of when you think 4th of July??
Probably fireworks, right??
Okay, maybe you think about barbeques, pool parties, or parades first….
The point is, the first thought for most people isn’t about the nitty-gritty that we’re actually celebrating — our independence as a nation.
Deep down, we all know that’s what it’s all about. And we respect it. But, we’re also human. Who can blame us for enjoying our freedom watching fireworks, without giving all that much thought about everything our founding fathers did to get us here?
So it is in real estate….
There’s a lot of focus on the “fireworks” in real estate. The big, glorious, flashy, exciting moments. Like…
- The moment your house first hits the market.
- Seeing the pictures of your house all over the Internet.
- Throngs of people walking through your first open house.
- Receiving offers from buyers…maybe even multiple offers.
- Going under contract.
- Walking into “the” house, and falling in love with it.
- Making an offer on the house you love, and having it accepted.
- Closing on the sale or purchase of your home.
All really exciting “firework” moments.
But they’re not the full story. There’s a lot of stuff behind the scenes in order to get to those fun, celebratory moments. A lot of thought, knowledge, skill, and work… Not necessarily fun, or sexy stuff. But it’s all important. It’s all necessary to get to those exciting “fireworks” moments.
Not that the behind the scenes stuff should be something you think about. As a consumer, you should enjoy the glorious moments. Leave the nitty-gritty to your agent.
Just know that there’s more to it than the “fireworks” you want to see when you buy or sell a house.